Gulliver's Travels

9:31 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Well, to start with I felt that this one was an extremely interesting read. It wasn't exactly easy, but it was very interesting. I think what I liked best about it was the sort of feel it had that there was always something else implied, something much more important than what was actually being said. I liked that power in Laputa was based on technology. This really brought to mind the Enlightenment, where everything seemed to revolve around science. I also liked that due to this, Gulliver couldn't communicate with any of the Laputans. I thought that stood as an interesting symbol.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Yeah, why could he not communicate with them? I just found it interesting that their name was LaPutans and he consider females like a "dog" which is what La puta means in Spanish. It is just interesting to point out that similarity.