Songs of Innocence and of Experience

2:59 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Okay, I'm going to start off by being completely honest about this one. I didn't like it at all. Until this point, I have never read anything by William Blake, and frankly I don't think I was missing anything.

I felt that all of the pieces by Blake that we discussed in class had a very juvenile feel to them, particularly the ones that featured an animal, like the lamb or the tiger. I liked the idea behind these poems, which was to emphasize the transition from an innocent childhood to a corrupt adult world, but as far as poetry goes, I have seen better. I also thought some of his poems, particularly the ones about lost children were a little bit disturbing. Also, the ones that had the narrator in the mind of a child. I don't know...I guess I just don't connect with William Blake...sorry...

0 comments: